Wednesday 8 July 2015

My Usual Makeup Routine


Hello!
So first thing I want to say is that I called this 'my usual makeup routine' and not 'my daily makeup routine' because I don't really tend to do my makeup everyday. So I'm just going to go through my makeup routine when I usually do it. Also, I'd just like to say that I love doing interactive posts like this with you all, because I like to share something with you and I also find that it sometimes gives some people tips or know how to whomever is reading it. I find it really help full reading peoples makeup routines or other routines as such because I'll take on board some of the things they do or try some of them out to see if it works out for me.
Anyway, enjoy my makeup routine!
(Sorry for ranting)   


Before any makeup gets a chance to touch my face, I wash and cleanse it with the Nivea Cleansing Mousse (for normal&combination skin). This washes out any pores and dirt that have accumulated while I've been asleep. This never fails to leave my face awake and refreshed! (I also use it just before I go to bed). Once my face is dry, I apply the Nivea Day Cream as a sort of first base to my makeup. I love using this product in my makeup routine because as I apply layers of cosmetics on my face, it is always feels smooth and not irritated. It helps my skin feel comfortable through out the day.


With my face all cleansed and ready for my makeup, I apply the Loreal Paris Lumi Magique Primer. A little of this always goes a long way, so I never have to apply so much and it has this shimmery like complexion, so it always enhances the radiance of my face once I've applied my foundation. I love how in pictures my face always glows when I'm wearing it under your foundation, so it gives me a flawless complexion.
After priming my face I use Rimmel London's Wake Me Up Foundation and use my flat headed foundation brush to slowly work it into my face. I find using a flat headed foundation brush as apposed to a normal 'paint brush' foundation brush works better as it looks more smooth on my skin, and doesn't just build up and look cakey. This foundation has a nice natural and smooth texture, which is why it's quickly become one of my life staples!
I then go ahead and dot a small amount of Rimmel London's Wake Me Up Concealer to the inner corners of my eyes, and gently smooth over the dark circles under my eyes and to any imperfections on my face.


To settle my foundation, I lightly go over the whole of my face and the top of my neck with the BarryM Flawless Matte Perfecting Powder. 
I fill in my eyebrows with Rimmel's Brow This Way Brow Sculpting Kit. I only use the waxy side and rarely the powder side because I think the waxy side works more with my eyebrows, colour and texture.


I then move onto contouring my face. I have two ways of doing this, depending on how I'm feeling and what look I want to go for, I use two different products. If I want my face to look more defined and stand out, I will use BarryM's Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit, applying it with my flat angled brush. If I want to go for a more softer look, I will just use Rimmel London's Sun Shimmer Compact Powder, in the shade medium. I'll only lightly highlight my cheeks when I'm using this. I have tried to use cream contours before, but I am just not skilled enough to pull it off to be honest!
Lastly, I will apply a blush to the apples of my cheeks; this is usually a Rimmel blush, in the shade Pink Rose.


Then begins the pain staking task of doing my eyeliner! I have so much trouble getting my flicks the same! (I know I'm not the only one) And usually it takes me a while to decide how thick/dramatic I want to draw them. I favour between which liquid eyeliner I use. Currently it's the BarryM Liquid Eyeliner.
Once again, depending on how bold I want my eyelashes, I'll use two different mascaras. It will either be The Colossal Volume Express when I want big eyelashes, or Wake Me Up Wonderful (not too sure if that's right) Mascara if I just want to a more natural looking lashes. The best thing about this mascara, and what I love, is that it smells like cucumber as it has cucumber extracts, and it just smells wonderful!


The final thing I do is moisturise my lips with a little Vaseline and then put on a lipstick, and my current favourite at the minute is Rimmel's Colour Rush Lip Pencil, in the shade All You Need Is Pink.


Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed my usual makeup routine!

Kerri x

6 comments:

  1. You used so many products that I love. I`m a big fan of Rimmel and I loved seeing so many of its products here. My favourite is the concealer, love how it brightens my under eye area and makes me look more rested.

    http://www.beautynerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!:) I actually never thought I was that obsessed with Rimmel until I was doing this blog post!:) I have to agree with you on that one. It does such a good job at hiding my dark circles:)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love rimmel but i've never used any of their wake me up products will have to test them out! :) x
    http://abbielouisebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I definitely recommend:) I love the brand so much because The products are so good and affordable:)
      xo

      Delete
  3. I love reading people's makeup routine, and I was giddy with excitement when I saw the Vaseline lip therapy. That is my favorite lip product!!!!

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So do I. It shows what how much preparation people go through, and also makes me want to try new products!:) It has to be mine too! It never fails to keep my lips hydrated through out the day!:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete