Friday 31 July 2015

Recent Book Purchases


Hello!
How has your week been? It feels like a while since I've talked to you all!

Today I'm going to be doing a book haul you can say.
I purchased a couple of books this week and I thought I would share them with you! I brought all of these off Amazon and I'll link them all for you (if you're interested in reading them that is).


So the first book I brought was Half Wild by Sally Green.
This is the second book in the Half Bad trilogy. I've been waiting so long for this to come out, and as you can tell by my book mark in the picture above, I've already started reading it! I would describe it to be a supernatural book, because of the involvement of witches and spells. I'm not sure what age category it falls under, but I really enjoy it and I'm 20! It would be suitable for a younger age. I really like the dialogue in which Sally Green writes in. She writes in way to explain everything, e.g. 'I sit down at the table. Pick up my glass. I drink the water', you get the picture. The main character, Nathan, is character which I think has such a good story behind him. 
I don't want to spoil it for anybody who wants to read it, so I'll stop there.
I am really enjoying the second book, and the further I read into it, more and more things come into light. 
I would recommend you give this a read!


The second on the list is Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins.
I know that there is a second book, which is Miss Mayhem, and it is out as a hardback, but not paperback yet. I actually didn't seek out this book. It actually came on my suggestions and I thought I would have a look. I really liked the sound of it by reading the blurb, and I watched some reviews about it on YouTube. I thought I would give it a go!
Another thing that drew me to it too, had to be the front cover. I really love the dangerously pretty picture, with the ribbon pearl necklace hanging off a knife. I am so looking forward to reading it!


So every now and then I do this thing where I get someone to choose a book for me, in this case Jordan, and I kind of have a blind date with a book. I first saw the idea for it on tumblr. I loved the concept of it and I've been doing it for a little while now. The books have never failed to surprise me! The last one I read, my mum chose for me and I absolutely loved it!
In this case, I just got Jordan to pick one for me by going through my suggestions on Amazon. He chose this one (obviously), I've read the blurb and it sounds like a really good read. I don't want to ruin it for myself, so I haven't searched for it at all, so I have no idea if its got a sequel, or anything!
I'm very keen and excited to read it once I've finished Half Wild. 


Thank you for reading again! And I hope I didn't dribble on too much!

Kerri x

0 comments:

Post a Comment